General terms and conditions
General Terms of Business for the Sale of Vouchers
1. Legal ScopeOn www.kitzsteinhorn.at and other platforms as may pertain, Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG offers a voucher system for the purchase of value vouchers. These vouchers may be redeemed at all ticket windows on the Kitzsteinhorn and Maiskogel and/or in restaurants operated by Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG (Summit Restaurant, Restaurant Gletschermühle, Restaurant Alpincenter, Skyline Bar, Parasol, kitz900m, Maisi Alm).
2. Purchase and Delivery Conditions
- The contract is entered into with Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG (Commercial Registry No. FN 54515w).
- Persons ages 18 and older are entitled to order vouchers.
- Until payment has been received in full, the vouchers remain the property of Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG and only become valid once the full amount has been received. The vendor further reserves the right to block the validity of vouchers within the scope of its automated processing procedures.
- Because value vouchers are not associated with a predefined product or service, they do not include Value Added Tax. With respect to voucher packages, any applicable tax associated with redemption is already factored in.
- The vouchers which have been purchased or ordered may only be redeemed in the form of services or products provided by the vendor and may not be redeemed in exchange for cash.
- The vouchers may be redeemed exclusively at those locations which have been specified on the vouchers.
- The customer may choose between value vouchers and voucher packages. Voucher packages are vouchers for previously defined services or specific events. The content and scope of services is to the extent as specified in the respective voucher packages. Additional and out-of-the-ordinary services shall be listed separately on the voucher, insofar as the purchaser is entitled thereto.
- An event voucher is only redeemable on the specified date and is associated with a reservation. Otherwise, it shall be forfeited. Pre-paid cards and value vouchers are not valid for events. A lift ride up and/or down the mountain within the context of an event is only valid in combination with that event and may not be redeemed separately.
- Should your actual consumption turn out to be less than the amount of your value voucher, you will be issued a new voucher equivalent to the remaining balance.
- Should your actual consumption turn out to be less than the amount of your voucher package, you will have no right to reimbursement for the price differential, since this involves a complete package offer.
- In the event of loss or destruction of a pre-paid card or value voucher, said card or voucher will not be replaced, nor will you be reimbursed for the cost.
- No liability is assumed, nor will replacement be provided in the event of loss or destruction of a pre-paid card.
- No liability will be assumed for delayed postal delivery.
3. ValidityAll value vouchers are valid for a period of 5 years and must be redeemed within this time period. Should prices be adjusted during this period due to seasonal considerations, the price differential with respect to the applicable package price must be paid inasmuch as the nature and extent of services changes.
4. Procedures and Ordering CostsIn order to keep your ordering costs as low as possible, we have provided you with the option of paying for vouchers by means of online funds transfer or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard). The vouchers can then be printed out directly and will also be sent to you via email. This will incur no additional ordering charges. Alternatively, we can send the vouchers you have ordered to you by post. Information about additional costs related thereto is provided for you below.
5. Security Guarantee & Data PrivacyYour security is our highest priority! This is why your data, including credit card number, bank routing number, account number, name and address, is sent to us by means of a secure SSL connection. This means that no unauthorized persons will be able to read the data you have entered during the transmission process. In order to guarantee security within our voucher shop, we utilize a series of additional security features consistent with current security standards for cashless payment transactions. Your data will be processed by us using an automated system. You will only receive advertising information pursuant to your expressed consent. Using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, you have the opportunity to revoke your consent at any time. Your personal and personally identifiable data will not be shared with third parties.
6. Rescission/Return RightsA voucher may be returned if it is sent to Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG by registered letter within 14 days of receipt. It shall suffice if the rescission declaration is sent by the aforementioned deadline, no statement of justification is required. However, the rescission right does not exist if the customer has already begun to redeem specific services prior to the rescission deadline. Once the returned voucher has been received from the customer, the payment amount will be transferred to the customer’s account as provided to Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG (IBAN and BIC are required). Only those customers who are defined as consumers in the Austrian Consumer Protection Act enjoy rescission rights. Event vouchers are excluded from return rights.
7. Other ProvisionsWhen entering into this contract, the customer is required to provide relevant data as requested within the contract both accurately and completely. In the event of inaccurate, incomplete or unclear information from the customer, the customer is liable for any and all costs and damages pertaining to Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG. Insofar as parts of these General Terms of Business are declared null or void as provided by § 879 of the Austrian Civil Code (“ABGB”) or the Consumer Protection Act (BGBl. No. 140/1979 as amended BGBl. I No. 100/2011 in its most current version), this shall in no way affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
8. LiabilityThe customer uses this website at his/her own risk. Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG accepts no liability for damages resulting from use of this website. Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG accepts no liability for interruptions, technical disruptions, maintenance work etc. Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG makes every effort to remedy any interruptions or disruptions as quickly as possible.
9. Seat of Jurisdiction: Salzburg, Austria
The customer is expressly advised that our General Terms of Business are publicly posted in our sales areas and places of business, and may be consulted during regular hours of business. The customer is further advised that our General Terms of Business may also be consulted on our homepage at www.kitzsteinhorn.at.
10. Public Posting, Publication of General Terms of Business